July 08, 2009

4th of July fun

Dan and I spent the rest of the morning (after the hot air ballon show... posted below) with the girls walking around downtown Provo. There were booths to browse at and colonial days by the tabernacle. Lots of snow-cone booths and food booths. We sat close enough that Dan could walk over to the parade and watch with Kassidee off and on. She just hopped up on his shoulders and had the best seats in town.




I snapped a bunch of these cute pictures while Dan and Kassidee were off playing and watching the parade.







The parade in Provo- Venessa liked the copper car.
Venessa had to get a picture with the Prove missionaries since this is where she served her mission. She also got to walk in the parade when she was a missionary. She was disappointed though by these missionaries because when she was in the parade she said that all the missionaries sang 'called to serve' over and over through the whole parade and that people stood and applauded when they walked by. These guys just walked and sang nothing. It was pretty funny though she was out there giving 5 to the missionaries and non of them would give her 5. They were too scared to touch a girl I guess. Perhaps they thought that they would get struck down by lightning on the spot. It was raining a little! :)




I love this one. I turned out blurry, but I am keeping it. She would see something in the parade and just get so excited.
Gotta love the cheeser! It's a great one!

2 comments:

Krista said...

ohhh....I miss you all! glad you had a good day!!!

Nat said...

I do love the cheeser!!!! Looks fun. We have to hang with you guys more often!